Monday, February 2, 2015

Spirtual giftings...

I have taken multiple spiritual gift tests over the years, and my gifts seem to change based on where I am in my walk with God and what type of ministry I am active in. When I was running the women's home in Milwaukee, my top spiritual gifts were teaching, suffering (which is no longer a gift on the newer test), mercy, prophecy, and missionary. Those gifts fit in perfectly with what I was doing at the time and the demographic of people that I was working with. I retook the test tonight, and these were my results:

-Tied for first place was EXHORTATION. The gift of exhortation- sometimes called the gift of counseling- is the special ability that God gives to certain members of the body of Christ to minister words of comfort, consolation, encouragement and counsel to other members of the body in such a way that they feel helped and healed (Acts 14:22, Romans 12:8, 1 Timothy 4:13, Hebrews 10:25)

-Tied for first place was DISCERNING OF SPIRITS. The gift of discerning of spirits is the special ability that God gives to certain members of the body of Christ to know with assurance whether certain behavior purported to be of God is in reality divine, human, or satanic. (Matthew 16:21-23, Acts 5:1-11, Acts 16:16-18, 1 Corinthians 12:10, 1 John 4:1-6).

- Tied for second place was PASTORING. The gift of pastor is the special ability that God gives to certain members of the body of Christ to assume a long term personal responsibility for the spiritual welfare of a group of believers (John 10:1-18, Ephesians 4:11-13, 1 Timothy 3:1-7, 1 Peter 5:1-3).

-Tied for second place was PROPHECY. The gift of prophecy is the special ability that God gives to certain members of the body of Christ to receive and communicate an immediate message of God to his people through a divinely anointed utterance (Luke 7:26, Acts 15:32, Acts 21:9-11, Romans 12:6, 1 Corinthians 12:10, Ephesians 4:11-13).

- My third highest scoring spiritual gifting was LEADERSHIP. The gift of leadership is the special ability that God gives to certain members of the body of Christ to set goals in accordance with God's purpose for the future and to communicate these goals to others in such a way that they voluntarily and harmoniously work together to accomplish those goals for the glory of God (Luke 9:51, Acts 7:10, Acts 15:7-11, Romans 12:8, 1 Timothy 5:17, Hebrews 13:17).

I am amazed at how my giftings have changed, and how well they fit into where we are right now with the CROSSroads ministry. I am thankful that God has equipped me for what he has called me to do, and I am curious to see how (or if) they will change over the next coming years yet again.



No comments:

Post a Comment