Tuesday, September 29, 2015

Refreshing weekend at Wood Lake Bible Camp.

I had an absolutely amazing time this past weekend at the women's retreat at Wood Lake Bible Camp. It was so fabulous to get away for a weekend and spend time with God and connect with him in nature. There were no distractions in the form of electronics, ministry, or two year olds. It was just me and God and other women longing to see his face as well. I want to send a HUGE thank you to my WONDERFUL husband who signed me up for the retreat without telling me because he knew I would say that I was too busy to get away for the weekend. Not only did he sign me up for this great getaway, but he made arrangements for our son so I could be child free and concentrate on myself. Sometimes as women (especially when you are a mother, minister, student, AND wife), we can lose ourselves in the service of others and always put other's needs before our own. We need to make sure that we are taking time for ourselves, and make sure that our relationship with God is solid so that we can be a spiritual help to others. I am truly grateful, blessed, and refreshed after this weekend, and thankful for my wonderful husband giving me the opportunity. I can't wait until next year!

































No comments:

Post a Comment