Sunday, January 10, 2016

God is an ARTIST!

Our Chalet in the Smokey Mountains
My family was EXTREMLEY blessed to spend the past week in a Chalet in the Smokey Mountains. We stayed at Fairhaven Ministries in Roan Mountain, Tennessee, which is a ministry that is specifically designed for ministers, pastors and missionaries to have an affordable place to get away from the unrelenting demands of ministry where you can completely unplug and be ministered to yourself for once. I can honestly say that this trip took my breath away! The beauty of God's handiwork absolutely astounded me. I was amazed and in awe the entire trip at how glorious a workman God is. On top of that, I got some MUCH needed rest from frontline ministry, and spent family bonding time that none of us will soon forget. God truly spoke to me during this trip and refreshed me to get ready to get back on the frontlines of ministry when I got back. I wanted to share some of my favorite pictures of our time there- even though pictures don't NEARLY do it justice. The beauty I was exposed to there is just too exquisite to be captured on camera. We are SO blessed and thankful to EVERYONE who made this trip possible! They are memories that will last a life time!
The on-grounds prayer chapel.

Justin enjoying the view

The beautiful Smokey Mountains.


Not a bad backdrop ;)

Justin throwing rocks in the pond.

One of the waterfalls RIGHT outside our Chalet! At nighttime, all you could hear were the sound of the waterfalls and the leaves in the trees! So peaceful!

Another beautiful waterfall.

My handsome husband and I!


There is NO ONE else I would rather share this beauty with!

Justin says hello from Fairhaven!

The beautiful mountains at sunset. SO breathtaking!
Daddy and son smooch!

Some creepy dolls we found on top of a creepy abandoned building.

We drove over the border to get some REAL North Carolina barbecue in North Carolina!

Photos don't do it justice!

These boots were made for walking!




Side view of the Chalet.

Chairs on the HUGE wrap around porch!

Beautiful chandelier inside our chalet!

Some reading I enjoyed while I was there. You would be surprised how much reading you can get done with no TV, no internet and horrible cell service!


Another gorgeous chandelier.

Justin enjoying the fire.

Icicles on side of the mountain rock- even though it was well over 60 degrees in January!

We wound up in the Hamptons ;)

These police have their priorities straight!





Huge vine swings in the mountains- I felt like Tarzan!

The pond in front of our chalet.

THIS is why they are called the Smokies!




I lift up my eyes to the mountains—
where does my help come from?
My help comes from the Lord,
the Maker of heaven and earth.
Psalms 121:1-2

He who forms the mountains, who creates the wind, and who reveals his thoughts to mankind, who turns dawn to darkness, and treads on the heights of the earth-- the LORD God Almighty is his name.
Amos 4:13



No comments:

Post a Comment